Goal setting is a practice that can fast track your dreams into reality and create powerful shifts in your life.
Goal setting is also a space for reflection and connection to what we truly desire in our lives.
Failure is real.
Fear is real. And beliefs like 'I am not enough' or 'I don't have time' creep in when we start to write down on paper what we really, really want.
Honestly, all of the emotions that come with goal setting are worth a look into. Is there fear around a change you want to make in your life? Do you have a confused notion that a failed goal makes you a failure (false, false, false)? And the beliefs that are tearing up your positivity, time to take a deep dive into that darkness and get to the other side.
Not the easiest work. So very worth it.
Grant permission for your goals to disrupt your status quo, shed light on how you are living with intention, how you are setting goals for yourself (not for anyone else!) and the strides you are taking to be your best self. REMINDER: This is a practice, practice, practice.
Need a boost? Here are five ways to set bold goals and move you in the direction you desire:
1) Set goals from a vision that inspires you. A vision in the future can remove constraints of the now, such as time, money and experience. Practice with a vision board or envision your life 10 years from today and write down all that magic. Work backwards to set goals to get there.
2) Write your goals in the present tense, affirmative with an accountability date. An example can sound like: I am a homeowner in Colorado by August 1, 2017. This format triggers your subconscious to get to work and believe in all the possibilities.
3) Speaking of triggers, when you read your goals, do you begin to feel fear, doubt or drama? Check on the beliefs on repeat that are not serving your future. Awareness is key, check those at the door and write a new set of beliefs to guide your goals practice and your energy.
4) Speak your goals out loud. Our language creates our reality and our goals are direct requests we make of ourselves, that can include others and get us in the flow with good
5) Get your goals visible. Place them on your bathroom mirror, on your refrigerator door or as the background of your computer or phone! Often times we can set it and forget it. With the
Feeling the fear already? Want to talk more about bold goals with HERE.
We will explore this work together with wine and a fire. Be there.
ABOUT JACKI CARR
Jacki Carr is a goal coach, writer, motivational speaker and Mama. She is the Rock Your Bliss, a yoga-inspired coaching company with a mission to bring your intentions to action. You can find Jacki in Evergreen, Colorado hiking with her man, little girl Evi and two pups all over the Rocky Mountains. As a leader in transformation, her coaching style includes real + honest conversations and true connection to your most powerful and whole self. She has her Lightyear Leadership certification, her 200hr Yoga Teacher Certification, and Gems of Excellence Level 1 & 2 certifications. She believes in a World where we all truly belong and each and every one of us has unique gifts to contribute.